In times of stress it is really important that we take time for ourselves. I know first hand what it is like to be under fierce amounts of stress, and if I didn’t do the things on this list of self-care rituals, I would have become very overwhelmed. If you feel overwhelmed, your body and mind are already asking for you to slow down and do some self-care.
This list are some of the things I do on a consistent basis to keep my body and mind in balance, in no particular order. Feel free to do them yourself, or add to the list with whatever suits you best. No matter what you choose to do, do it with the intention of love and gratitude. That is when the magic happens.
1. Meditate or do a visualization. This helps put the positive vibrations towards what you really want to happen in your life.
2. Epsom salt bath with grounding essential oils such as lavender and sandalwood.
3. Diffuse essential oils in your environment to create a relaxing environment.
4. Light a candle with intention. You will see in the picture below that I use Reiki charged candles which bring a special touch to the experience. The energy of them are amazing. And each one has a different meaning.
5. Spend time in nature. THIS IS A MUST FOR ME! Mother Earth is a grounding place to be. I don’t always go to the same place as I like to keep things interesting. When the weather is cooperating, I often take off to the mountains. Even if I don’t actually hike, just to be among the trees is enough to recharge myself.
6. Book a healing session. I always have my own healing appointments pre-booked ahead of time so l never forget to take care of my imbalances in the body and mind. This is incredibly important for me especially this year as I have had some major health challenges. The modalities I use for myself are BodyTalk, HeartSpeak, Emotion Code, Body Code, Reiki, EFT & Shamanism.
7. Make an appointment for something extra special. An example would be a massage or pedicure. This could also be taking yourself out for a nice dinner. Healthy and organic. :).
8. Exercise. For me, nature walks are just not enough exercise. I need to add strength training, extra light cardio and some yoga classes. This doesn’t need to be an everyday occurrence. As a personal trainer for years, I have seen many benefits to exercise. It can help alleviate all sorts of symptoms like anxiety and depression and pain. If you want any advice in this area, please send me an email and I would be more than happy to help you.
9. Smudge yourself and your environment. You can use many different types such as Sage or Palo Santo Wood. You can also burn certain types of incense that can help clear you or your environment of unwanted energies. Studies have shown that smudging can release negative energy and create a more uplifting mood in people. Sage also clears away unwanted bacteria. This is a ritual I do on a daily basis especially after being around negative people. It always makes me feel better!
10. Go to bed early. I can’t stress this enough. When you rest your body, your body and mind will heal. Having a bedtime ritual will be very helpful. Calm down the mind by reading a book, doing a couple of yoga poses, close down all electronics, you could even journal. Relax the mind=restful sleep.
I hope this list helps create some self-care rituals for yourself. I would love to hear what you do to take care of yourself.